Thursday, June 1, 2023

Livina Press publishes the Basil Rosa essay Skills Open Eyes

 

Editor Laci Felker has published a Basil Rosa essay, Skills Open Eyes in Issue #3 of Livina Press, available online and wherever books are sold. 

https://www.livinapress.com/




Here's a short excerpt:


    I’d expected ridicule for offering to pay Andre Facteau in Mexican beer, yet he arrived to my folks’ house at the time we’d agreed on, driving a green Ford F1 pick-up. Andre looked comfortable in camel-colored boots, stovepipe jeans, a denim jacket over a grey hoodie. His sandy hair was cut short, arms limp at his sides. A loose‐ ness about him. As we got to work, using my folks’ driveway as our garage, he asked, “You ever think about getting married?” 

    Three years. Thirty. It’s anyone’s guess how long our delusions last before we’re shaken out of them. I’d just fallen out with Patty, raised on Burncoat Street in nearby Worcester. Like me, she was from a big Catholic tribe. She needed a break from my moods, but I was still in her good book. She was still in mine. It was complicated.... 
    
 


Basil Rosa also writes as John Michael Flynn. His book of essays, How The Quiet Breathes, was published in 2020 by New Meridian Arts. He’s published three short story collections, including Off To The Next Wherever, from Fomite (www.fomitepress.com).



No comments:

Post a Comment

John Woods, a Memorial Tribute

"All that is important about my poetry to the general reader lies in the poetry itself." John Woods John Warren Woods was born in ...